Monday, September 25, 2006

24/09/06 - BBQ

Sally and Mark's bus got to town at 10am, so I was up by half 9. Well, I was going to be, but I ended up staying in bed till half 10 when they phoned to say that the shops they wanted to go in first didn't open till 11. It was good to read in the morning, even though Sean stayed asleep. Spent the morning tidying up - was actually getting into it in the end. Also did lots of cooking, I'm finding that I quite like it. Salads, cold foods, it was great. More guests arrived from three and then the guys started the BBQ. It was a really enjoyable day - not the typical student party; for one we hardly drank and for two it was really chilled out and we all enjoyed each other's company. I met some friends I hadn't seen in ages. The only slightly sour bit was when two friends cornered me in the kitchen and asked when Sean and I are going to be married. I sort of shurgged it off and left it at "Before we're thirty, but after I graduate." I didn't want to really think about it as Sean tells me whenever we bring it up that he's not ready for it and some phrases he says upset me a little. He doesn't say horrid things, but it just upsets me. Probably just because he doesn't sugar-coat our conversations. Which is a good thing.

Yes, all round, it was a good day. Went to sleep by 1am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visiters since 21/09/06

All content (including text, images and layout), unless otherwise stated, is © copyright battlingtheblackdog.blogspot.com 2006. Disclaimer.